The next Brisbane Billycart Championships is going to be on Sunday September 11 2016. Stay tuned for information and how to register.
Welcome to the official
2016 Brisbane Billycart Championships
Brisbane’s biggest billycart championships are held on a grass track and kids of all ages (including adults) from all over Brisbane are invited to make and race their own billycart.Parents are advised that due to safety requirements, children aged 5 and under will not be able to race a billycart in this event. The championships are at the Carindale Recreation Reserve, Cadogan Street, Carindale. See our Location page for a map. This year it’s part of the Green Heart Fair. Admission to the Green Heart Fair and Billycarts is FREE! For just one Registration Fee of $8 per person, you can experience the thrill of racing a billycart down a grassy slope as many times as you wish. Your cart will be fitted with a timer to record automatically your elapsed time. Carindale Rotary has constructed a new ramp system which will launch carts from on the top of the hill. Because the take-off position is higher, the youngest competitors are now restricted to 6 years, for safety reasons. Organisers expect carts to reach higher speeds than previously. Age groups for 2015 will be:
- 6 to 8 years
- 9 to 12 years
- 13 years and above
See our How to Build a Billycart guide.Registration is only $8.00 per driver
Get InvolvedBrisbane Billycart Championships is open to kids, adults and students! Registration is required; you will be able to do it now via our easy online form and make payment on the day. ALL Billycarts & Drivers must comply with these specifications.
2015 Race Program2015 Race Program for Sunday 13th September!
- Billycart Championships racing will start an hour earlier this year at 8am
- Carts can be dropped off from 6am in special set-down area.
- Motor vehicles then required to move to designated parking site.
- Registration Fee for the Championships is $8 per competitor who will each receive a special Participation Medallion.
- 7am – Registrations Open followed by cart scrutiny.
- 8am – Racing starts for Years 6 – 8 Traditional races, followed by 6 – 8 Modified races. Trophies presented
- 9.15am – Years 9 – 12 Traditional and Modified Race. Trophies presented.
- 10.30am – Political Mayhem – featuring Lord Mayor Graham Quirk, Cr Adrian Schrinner, MP Steve Minnikin. and Mascot Parade and Derby.
- 12 noon – Years 13 and over Traditional and Modified Races. Trophies presented.
- 1.30pm – Walk up racing, for those who want to try racing a billycart ($5 cost – cart provided). This section is open to the morning competitors at no extra cost.
Don’t have a billycart?Don’t worry! You can borrow a Traditional or Hi-Tech Cart from Rotary’s stable of carts.
- Who will be this year’s Billycart Champion?
- Who will win the Mascot Race?
- You’ll only know if you go!
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Winners and Runners Up in all Age and Cart categories;
- Best Dressed Team;
- Most Imaginative Cart Design